Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keeping documentation

Yesterday I was talking with Christophe and he saw that I have a wiki on my system just to keep track of all the info I gather about almost any subject. For those interested it is a simple wampserver and a simple mediawiki. Wampserver has this cool feature that gives me the option to set the access and I restricted it to localhost.

Another tool I use was pointed out to me by the main programmer of phpcompta. He showed me that there were wikis that were file based and I personally use wiki on a stick to document my own systems at home. I keep track of what is installed, how I installed it, configuration, ect. Most people think this might be overhead but is a way for me to keep track of things because sometimes I have memory gets corrupted ;-)

No comments: